Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to Pavilion...


Conference Room. People clad in business suits arguing why the Cap' rate can't be as per market benchmarks. Nervous glances. Someone stammers. Arguing continues. Someone lets out a slow "yes". Nods. And then we reach the most beloved slide. 'Thank You'.

The project finally came to an end. And a sigh wont be enough. This one needs a day long exhale. Make than two.

Off the blog for over a month. I must be joking. Shucks. I wont say time just flew. 'Cause it *simply* dint.

Sh*t. Look at the effect of continuously preparing draft reports and presentations. The sentences look as if they are earthworms with some stunted growth syndrome…

Ok. I guess its time I stop whining and come to the point. And in the process get back to my usual way of saying it all in one breath.

So I was in Mumbai for almost a month and the whole world knows about it now. Details would be dizzying so il sum it up in a few bullet points. Blame the PPT.


  • Quite contrary to what my friends had told me, I loved the city. They say you’ll first hate it and then fall in love with it. Now I really don’t know if it would work backwards for the Crab. Heh.

  • Suffered from a month long stomach infection. Survived on bland food for three freaking weeks. Add antibiotics.

  • Stayed there for just the right stretch of time. Mumbai was cold at nights, buddies! So enjoyed the nice weather... umm that is when I was not inside the loo or doing the rounds of a clinic, cribbing at my misfortune.

  • Met up with all Delhities turned Mumbaikars: Miss Sugar&Spice, The Fraud, Mr. Chase…

  • Stayed at my cousins’ place yeah. Reasons being: a relaxed drive to office with my Mamaji who happens to be working in the office raaight next to mine PLUS the awesome time I had with a rumbling stomach and a feeling of a frog stuck in my Larynx (home food .. oh I mean bland home food was the only savior) PLUS the fundamental pull towards bakar and mazza with my cousin sisters

To sum it up, I had a gala time in Mumbai… minus the work… And coming back to Delhi was awesome. Spring time! What more could I ask for!

But the Crab has another reason to smile yeah… She lost four kilos running around doing meetings with goddamned companies in Mumbai and Pune. Heh. Do I Love My Job!

And guess what... Desination next is Thailand... Heh... Me thinks that should be bad news for the Crab. Nai Crabby? What if someone bites into you raw?


Crab: Bah! Grrrrrrinch.. Hmph!




8 comments:

aria said...

Welcome back to blogs :D I had been smiling all the way...

Never been to Mumbai but whoever visits that place, I ask them "Did you visit Tendulkarz?" as if its Taj Mahal of Mumbai... don't know why - thats the only association I can feel and wish to have a meal there someday..

So you had fun despite the tummy woes.. and you are going to Thailand.. thats awesome. I hope you aren't a veggie.. my dad had a terrible time in there coz of food..

*a huge huge grin* @ the last line.

AakASH!!! said...

Thailand?
Wow!
When?

AshenGlow said...

@aria: ^_^ thanks dear..
Tendulkarz... hmm.. nope i dint visit that place. Couldnt really roam around in Mumbai except for a few places..
And aria... i AM a veggie... and i have a good idea what my plight is going to be in Thailand.. sigh!!!

@Aakash: Thursday yarr.. :) its an off site.. and that means no work and only party!!.. yaayyyy!

AakASH!!! said...

GREAT! Meri company kyun nahin karti aisa!

AshenGlow said...

Aww... hey putr! bhagwaan kare tumhari company tumhe saare achi jagaho par bheje!.. tathaastu!

AakASH!!! said...

Aashirwaad ke liye koti koti pranaam Devi!

Sugar & Spice said...

good to kno u liked the city... no u will be here permanently :))

thailand n all huh... bade log!!

AshenGlow said...

^_^ yeah yeah... hum hamesha saath saath rahenge dear... heh!