Last night, I took a tab of my past life and I found myself cringing at how utterly Paleolithic it had been by all means. My days used to be defined by a measly set of verbs namely studying, bathing, eating, and sleeping. And of course talking was an obligation, as always. And the only guys in my life were middle aged men who authored books that spoke of the Earnings Before Interest & Tax and Baumol's Sales Maximization Model. Wow. The only solace in life came in the form of learning (vocal) music which I had nailed my will to (as a byproduct of my rebellion against the head of the family) and an occasional chat with my best pal. That Is It.And why am I talking about all this all of a sudden? Last night, there was a show called ‘U’ on MTV where they featured Wilson College in Mumbai. Ok. I have nothing to do with the college, for, I graduated from Delhi University. But I ended up feeling terribly low and lousy eventually. Is the intensity of nostalgia directly proportional to the number of years since you’ve passed out from college? Hmm? I just hope not. I vehemently deny any claims of senility. Sniff!
When I was pursuing my grad, I aspired to become a tutor or a prof. in DU and also quench my passion for the theatre, the same time. The theatre... Sigh!... If that was Andaman and Nicobar Islands, I am currently in the Bermuda Triangle. Hello everyone! Here, I prepare feasibility reports for a living… or rather non-living, and discuss the cost of construction per square feet and repeated stress injuries with beings made of flesh, bones and frowns. Here, people search for peace of mind on Google and only webpages have Homes. Yeah. The corporate clackety clack happened to me after a two year concentration camp called the MBA and there was no looking back thereafter. Until last night.
Well, as Calvin puts it, it’s so hard to argue when someone looks so happy. And I am happy when I don’t think about it. But that doesn’t solve the problem, does it? Perhaps we could do without that make up for once. And update our systems to the original and the better version of happiness. At least that would save the world from more such crabby posts...
12 comments:
MBA ppl get time to blog ??? :O revelation!!!!
And yes, you don't sound , rather read the studious ( padhaakuu ) type. Whats the sigggrett ?? :P
that is a very good streak of writing...and that you have managed to preserve it post the ravages of an MBA is sincerely commendable...
Scribblers inc.
P.S.-congrats for the completion of an year...very neat!!:)
I don't know what you do, or how you do it, but you do, and repeatedly too. Here are some quotes which would someday be repeated by many...
"I vehemently deny any claims of senility."
"...stress injuries with beings made of flesh, bones and frowns."
"people search for peace of mind on Google and only webpages have Homes. Yeah. The corporate clackety clack happened to me after a two year concentration camp called the MBA and there was no looking back thereafter."
From the utter desperation of seeing the world get intermingled with the web, to the insightful description of your MBA, everything's just right.
Cheers crabby..:)
Interesting write .. :)
I guess there would be many who would have wanted to be in your position.. doing what you do .. but stuck elsewhere ..
I have two proffs at home.. I can tell you it isnt no great fun either ..
anyway your MBA description was damn cool .. :D
@What's in a name: Umm... Clearasil maybe.. Heh.. And yeah whats more surprising is that i never blogged during my MBA days.. was busy doing other interesting stuff. i started this after i had started working! (Read when everything else in my life had ceased to be interesting)
*polite applause* kya kare.. aaj kal applause bhi sifarish karne par milta he yarr.. kyun.. ;)
@Scribblers: Thank you.. Thank you so much!
@Gaurav: Kyaa yar.. :) you make me sound like some freedon fighter.. Heh.. thanks re...
@aria: Very true, aria.. I guess its all cosmic design.. but nothing should hold one back from pursuing his/her dreams or doing what (s)he wants right? at least strive to get it.. no matter whatever you get in the end.. :)
Thanks for dropping by dear..
amen!! :P
Ok, on a different note... I dont know why we keep going down not-so-pleasant lanes of memory when we cant go back and undo whats happened...
so well, lets learn from mistakes and make today count so that ten years from now, we have no such lanes to tread upon!!
What say?
:(
@Beauty and the Beast: Absolutely dear.. Sau aane sach.. :)
@Aakash: Rotluuuu rooo mat... ;)
whatever happened?
what makes your blogs so special...is the words you use to eluciate a point like the first para.....smell of mustard etal... i was lost in the world(you created for me)till your blog ended....only to be left merismerized......keep up the work
(p.s-and when did you learn bengali??i thought you hadopted for french in your foriegn lang paper during your MBA!!!!!)
you are learning VOCAL music?
wow
*awed*
wowww
@rain girl: :) (A humble bow)... Thanks!
Ok ! I couldn't have read this post at a better time. Tell me about it. I am so confused about things that give me pleasure. And the question that should be more likely be replaced by the number of women that run in my head is how to actually achieve happiness???. Talking about older colleagues, shucks , I face the same. You can flirt with them nor would they laugh at your jokes. Its tough life cos even if you like one of these you cant propose cos it jus wont work due to age difference .. !!
Post a Comment