
Whats the right time to hit the panic button? Someone has been falling ill more than the number months in the year. Half of her salary has been going into sponsoring the education of the chemists of Mumbai. That apart, stress and fatigue have obviously been contributing to two very famous lifestyle disorders - hairfall and weight gain. As one of my colleagues puts it, we'll all grow into big, fat, hairless chickens in a few years. Believe me, if we were contesting for the Receding Hairline contest, there would be one very strong contendor for the prize.
As actress Lisa Ray puts it, there something terribly irritating in the way your body starts acting like your stepsister. Throwing tantrums, acting stubborn and stiff, unrelenting, dissatisfied, not responding the to expensive pills and tonics you pop and spoon into yourself. No, I'm not cribbing, Crabby. I do not need nor do i want to attract sympathy from anyone. Im just annoyed and vexed at what i have done to my body unknowingly in my attempts to aim for the zenith of this competetive world.
So okay i am one of those who feels sorry for myself when im not well. Thats because there would be no meaning in feeling sorry once you're screaming for life on a system wheezing oxygen through pipes stuck into your throat. Its better i take out time to hug myself and say, look baby, its ok, its not that bad. You do not deserve this. Do something to feel better. Come on get up and smile. I love you.
But theres no time no matter how early i get up and how late i sleep. People may blah about time management. Bah. Dont even start that chapter. Im talking about prioritization. Health or work. Spending time with your family or reading up on something important. How easy it is to be preachy. Different people are under different circumstances yar. And then to top it with a cherry comes bad health. Hello, meet me, im Ms. Malady.
Iv cracked jokes about this a zillion times here. But seriously, its crossing its line lately. And i had to write about it. On a serious note. Not for people to read. But simply to tell myself that look, this issue is official now. Its documented and archived into one of the most special places - My Blog.
Annoyed. Annoyed. Annoyed...
Ashen
15 comments:
You have a competition @ hair loss and weight gain. In fact my hair loss horror reached an alarming proportion last month when it seemed to me as if I was developing some bald spots. Would you beleive that? despite losing so much hair I was under the impression that women don't get bald but fortunately I took some Homeopathy medicine at the right time and to an extent its arrested.. at least I'm convinced I won't turn into a bald hag after few years. I think you shouldn't ignore if its THAT bad. My doc said that stress could be the primary reason in my case and that 'water' 'pollution' and general health aggravated.. I have some serious eye issues ..glaucoma et al. Weight gain is something that perhaps needs a different cure altogether .. I haven't been able to do anything concrete about that . . *sigh*
take care of yourself.. though that sounds so perfunctory . we are living in queer times.
see!! i can beat you at anything, anytime... with me it is weight gain + hair loss + whitening of the leftover hair... and my dad's worried sick i'll not get married cos no girl will so much as give me the time of the day(incentive enough for me not to do anything about it all :P) see, you just have to locate the positives!!!
I know i know. Most of us suffer from a lot of problems. As you correctly put it.. queer times. But sometimes it just blows the top of my head off with its irritating come bakcs. just when i think all right this is over comes the next one. Its the f***ing lifestyle. Health or money. Success or peace of mind. You choose it, you bear it.
Will take care. have been f***ing doing that for the past one year. You too pl. :)
Thanks dear. Love ya.
:) Talk about premature greying of hair. I have that since middle school. And who doesnt nowadays given the indecent number of hours one spends in front of the not so friendly computer. Girl or guy.. its a ruthless invasion of senility which we ourselves pave way for.
Shucks i shudder when i think about it.
Welcome to my world Ashen. Fatigue, sickness, weight gain [I am bloody roly-poly now!] and hair loss!
Sigh...
hairloss n growing fat is herditary,dids....so chill!! n u r not "sick", ur mallu, so enjoy
well well... sorry to trump about it here, but i have a beautiful crop of jet black here... though i must admit i could do with shedding a few extra pounds... but come on... hair and tummy are not the only things in life...
I guess you guys ve got me wrong. I do not care a tiny rats ass about hairfall and weight gain. I have never been so vain. Was irritated at my other health related problems. My bad. In my frustration never bothered what was gettting conveyed by what i wrote. I should not have blogged about such a sensitive topic anyway.
Sorry if i sound crabby, but thats exactly how i am feeling now.
hey crabbie... me is after all illiterate ignorant peasantfolk who know nothin of hidden meanings n em stuff... me just says you stay well and worry no bonny hair of your head for this silly nothin's...
hey girl!! Hope you are doing better now!!
Wish I somehow knew how to make things better for you! *hugs*
its the least I can do..
Damn! you touched a very tender nerve..
ive said it before, so i wont say it again, cuz u mut be sick of me giving u gyaan :) u have some great things to look forward to in future, make sure u have the time, the emotional, mental and physical capacity to handle and enjoy it all! I tell myself the same thing everyday, cuz u know if there is one more person in thsi city who can give u competition in falling sick, is me! :P So take care sweety, and good luck for future!
the question i ask myself is wat am i working my ass of for...if i cant enjoy my life...if i dont have the health to enjoy the fruits of nature...
hence i take pains to work on my health...
hoped this may help u to strengthen ure resolve
hope you are fine now.
may be some misunderstandings between your immune system and yourself.
take care.
@ Everyone:
Thanks for being there, everyone. Once again, this post was genuinely never an attempt to test the trust and confidence that i have in you, my friends and fellow bloggers, nor to test the strength of reassurance or consolations that they are always ready with (bless them) to share with a forever ill soul like me... but when i had to write down my agony, i did not think twice, i just did it. I swear... i wont give up like i never have till now.
Thanks for all your support... To Each one of you.
Love,
Ashen
Hope you u've recovered now !! Chillax . ! :)
Post a Comment