Considering the amount of work that i have today, i should not be blogging at all. But I had to write. I simply had to.
There is this thing with me of not saying things when they ought to be said, or in the way i would like to say it. It could be about replying to someone commenting on my work, or passing snide remarks on the way i look on some day, or a taunt about some work i made a mistake in or forgot about. It could be about asking someone if he/she would have some time in the day to explain me something. It could be about initiating a conversation.
For people who know me, this may come as a surprise. Shy may not be the trait they would choose to associate me with. I am anything but shy. But why this then? And not only me, there would be others who may have faced this problem in their lives. What if this starts happening to someone daily, every time he/she has to face people at home or in the office? Today, in all those micro seconds i was not working in, i came up with answers to these questions within my mind.
- "What would they think of me?" or " I may look like an idiot doing that.", "She/He may think I am an inefficient slug." I would term this as is a extreme case of empathy. I have never been shy to do or say anything till now! Oh Come on!
- What should be the way out of it? How i see it is to tell yourself that it is high time you stop getting concious about yourself. "Hell, will they kill me if i look stupid?" Every damn organism in this world has a right to look stupid ok. And if that helps you learn something, then understand that, and do it the right way next time. (Like if you fall down a million times, you get up and start walking again.)
- As for remarks and innuendos, well, i guess different people react to it differently. Some swear under their breath, for some pat comes the reply, while others just choose to ignore. Sometimes its better to ignore that to repent for the rest of the day (or the week or whatever amount of time) for what you said.
- And its OK to be bitchy sometimes. Do not let the other person take you for granted. Do not let them presume things about you. Truth must be known. Like i said, its good to remain silent sometimes; but if you think it has to be said, JUST SAY IT. Its ok. There are no saints here. And you obviously do not want to be one. They'll understand. No one treats you like door-mat. Not even your elders. Not even your seniors.
- Be good to people who deserve it; ONLY to the ones who deserve it.
The next time i want to say something to someone, il remember what i blogged for myself. This should probably be the rarest post one must have ever read- a post in a public blog site meant exclusively for the person writing it. Whew!.. I feel better now.
8 comments:
I know what you mean. I so know it!
Writing is therapeutic, and you will have experienced it by now, infact that is the reason for the popularity of blogging.
And didnt Ayn Rand write to the effect that its not hard to do what others want you to, the hardest thing is to do what YOU really want? And hence objectivism.
@Akash: atta boy!.. you said it!.. thanks for visiting my blog.. heh..
'Atta Boy!' am reading this phrase after so long. It used to be a part of the "IN" lexicon years back. :)
And its a pleasure.
in lexicon yeah....
Archies... :)
it used to be in archies as well???
Ditto.
I know exactly what you mean.
I hate it when I stay mum, when I ought to speak. Its always a realization too late.
This is truly inspiring.
And what timing! Me & my friends just prepared ourselves for a showdown with the 'enemy' tomorrow.
I'll bear it in mind. I'm no saint here.
@suttu: :)
Ok.. i dint intend to instigate people to get up and shower blows at each other!
heh..
Necertheless.. at last aapne darshan to diye!
thanks for visiting my blog...
Post a Comment