Thursday, May 1, 2008

Silent Love

There would be times I would silently look at you,
And see the skies drifting apart,
Making way for the dreams
that I had never seen
ever before in my life.

I fear, my dear, I may not be worth
the hearty laughs and tears of joy
that you would bring into my life tomorrow.
I so wish id wake up one day and know
Why I could never tell you…

Let the silence be, I need no words from you,
No promises, nothing at all
A hug would do, or maybe
not even that
For me, just the silence would do.

For it aptly fills the gap between the questions
and unspoken answers.
At least there is dreary consolation that
one day you’d learn about the love
that silently grew within me, for you.

9 comments:

AakASH!!! said...

Waah waah ustaad! [I dont work for Levers nahin toh Wah Taj bhi bol deta].

Theoretically speaking you can work a bit on this and actually polish it. But I am always more for thoughts that make a verse work, and not its form.

So Marhabaa again!

PS: Kya baat hai, kaafi khayaal aa rahe hain in dinon?

AshenGlow said...

:)
Yeah...
Aaj kal paav zameen par nahi padte mere..

Or whatever... Heh

Thanks pal... I know im still learning... abhi to bahut seekhna he..

Thanks to seasoned writers like you and their wonderful comments/encouragements/compliments... I always look forward to them!

Beauty and the BEast said...

Its a very beautiful depiction of the feeling we all are bound to experience...

I think its unrefined quality adds a certain texture to it..

You know, as if a poet scribbled his thoughts in a frenzied hurry before they passed him by

AshenGlow said...

@B&B: i know what you mean...
yeah..
I really dint want another poetry... But it ultimately became a mix of poetry and a random scribble.. Heh..

Thanks for dropping by dear! :)

Unknown said...

I fear, my dear, I may not be worth
the hearty laughs and tears of joy
that you would bring into my life tomorrow.
I so wish id wake up one day and know
Why I could never tell you…

Too sentimental, and enthraling. Your poems are more invaluable...Congrats. Do write very often please. It gives a choking feeling in the throat. Thanks.. cheers kunjubi

AakASH!!! said...

:)

Seasoned ehh? Kuch bhi!!!

AshenGlow said...

@Kunjubi: Thank you for the flattering comment sir... and yeah.. i dont plan to stop writing in near future... for sure.. :)
your comments are welcome.. and thanks for visiting my blog once again!

@Aakash: Kyu.. theek hi bola.. seriously.. :)

AakASH!!! said...

Well if someone who has been consistently failing in his class can be called a seasoned student, then you can call me one.

Warna...

Nicesweetguy said...

Beautifully written yaar....the incompleteness bring outs lots of thoughts in your mind........tried an answer.....check out!!!
===================================

Love is a feeling not be told,
I know deep down in your heart
some corner i hold,
I can hear the questions you dont ask,
through the shattering silence that your eyes speak,
All these promises,hugs,laughs and tears of joy I give you,are answers meek.

I know that you are so precious my Love,
that you deserve more than my humble life,
I wish i could tell you,
Your silence is what i like....