Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Listen, does this include a trial period?



So when was the last time I mentioned about what girls of marriageable age do? Just a few posts ago I guess. Damn. Little did I dint realize that I was this close to the ordeal myself.

Nah. No lauv life for moi. Im too much in love with myself I to think of sharing it with anyone else I guess. Heh. And a WHACK! on the knuckles for those who think it’s a sour grapes syndrome. Rightso, this could be the zillionth blog about this topic. But hey, it’s my blog and my time spent rahrahing about my opinions; and while I am genuinely sympathetic to the pre marital trauma of those harried souls, I don’t care a tiny rat’s ass on how many people would have crossed this path already.

Coming back to ‘falling in lauv’, I gave it a genuinely sincere attempt...believe me.. I did. But it simply doesn’t seem to happen. I apparently think about so many things and cross analyse them to such extremes that I end up confusing everybody I talk to (sh*t did I just say cross analyse?). It’s crazy. Maybe I don’t know the art of falling in lauv. Duh... whateva. So I play ‘yank the friggin stuff right outside the window’ and there it goes. In the end, it doesn’t even matter….. Arranged marriage, here I cometh. It’s all about taking risks, dude. And this one’s going to be adventurous enough. Heh. Umm.. or something like that…

But you see, falling in lauv would also end up in getting married only na. Sheh. And this post is not so much about the former, as it is about the latter. Marriage.

Now, it’s quite easy getting worked up thinking about getting married, yeah. And going by my reputation, you see, of being absolutely composed during hard pressed times, I am sure it wont be long before I end up getting chained to my bed.

**Shudders** at the very thought of being with someone throughout the life. Ditto for the responsibility it entails. Ditto Ditto at the thought of all the haunting thoughts it shall bring with itself into whatevas left of an innocuous Crab’s brain.

A few years ago, we used to impishly grin at the sight of elder (cousin) brothers or sisters forcing a plastic smile on remarks such as “Beta, ab tumhari baari he”. We weren’t ‘eligible’ then. But one can’t be on the same side of the table all the time. However much I wish that could be true.

The only respite is that it’s not going to happen in the immediate future. I mean the only material progress in this action plan is my consent to rummage the clan for a suitable match. And that’s it. And i wish i could say i am excited about it. I am not. I melt in fright when I think about what could follow. Gulp!

Me: Chillax, Crabby!. It’s just a passing phase.

Crab: Yeah... stay away you Grinch!

9 comments:

AakASH!!! said...

"Magar shaadi ke liye pyaar hona zaroori hai!"
-Pooja, Dil Chahta Hai.

And crabby girls are most luurvable, so says Linda Goodman ( n i m not questioning her sexuality here)

AshenGlow said...

@Aakash: Bingo.. the pyar would keep one busy thinking about the shadi that would be.. and the shadi would keep one thinking about the pyar that was... ^_^

And Linda Goodman is a Goodwoman... im sure she says the same thing n case of taurean girls and scorpio girls and picean girls and arean girls and sagitarian girls and so on... And if everyone was lauvable, Ekta Kapoor would have had a tough time finding vamps for her soaps...Heh.

AakASH!!! said...

no no no, i am sure cancerian girls win hands on in th erace for lovableness.

My first cruch was a cancerian, and she herself had pointed out that for me. :) Bachpan ke crush!!!

So its Valentines day today, what are you doing?

AshenGlow said...

@Aakash: Awww.. guess what...
its an absolutely exciting day for moi.. ^_^
will be working late today, followed by a super duper dinner at home - an exotic meal comprising of roti and bhaji- a spicy indian version of bread with field greens, roasted in peppered onions and garnished with coriander leaves... and of course... something that i am looking forward to eagerly..... a peasceful-good night sleep...
Dont get jealous now.. everyone cant be lucky!

aria said...

This pyaar-vyaar happens to me every other day .. and I 'fall' as soon as I 'recover' ..
that aside . .as they say 'shaadi ka laddo jo khaaye woh pachhtaaye jo na khaaye woh bhi .. ' . . everyone takes the plunge some time or the other .. only that some of us are never ready to acknowledge 'this is the right time' .. and I also wonder if the time is ever right .. btw I think arranged marriage should be more fun .. :)

AakASH!!! said...

WoW! Sounded so much better than how mine was.

You love food as well?

Niedhie said...

Glad I bumped into your post!

We share similar sentiments crabby!!!

AshenGlow said...

@aria: An ol' saying in mallu juxtaposes marriage and a great 'mela'... (its called 'pooram' in malayalam).
Its this day when everything around you is draped in colors- the beautiful reds, yellows, greens... the place is swarming with people... theres happiness in the air, crackers bursting, sumptuous delicacies.. etc etc etc..
and the very next day, (as the reality dawns) all that remains at the place is a dump of filth, papers, and food remains...

The post marriage life may not be that contrasting a situation, but its certainly is an eye opener for the daydreamers... Heh

@Aakash: Actually im not a foodie at all... i can just cook nice things.. (So much for modesty yeah)
i have an abysmal appetite.

@Niedhie: Aww thanks dear.. welcome to my blog!.. My pleasure, really! :)

AakASH!!! said...

A crabby who is not a foodie! How you disappoint me at times. Your ascendant must be sth totally anti. :)

And i know nothing more than that, infact i wonder if i know any of it.