Last week was rough. Had so many meetings that I am too bored to meet anyone now. The crab needs some rest. Read- some time off from anything remotely associated to human beings. Not that the work was spine cracking or something. Much better actually as compared to the crazy schedule I had in the past weeks, but just that im bored, working. Whine!
Cozy weekend yeah. I don’t remember what happened to the Saturday though. First half was spent waking up from the fuzzy feeling after sleeping for straight nine hours. Then Mausi comes in for lunch and Im told of how ‘invisible’ I have become after job happened to me. Then I drag myself to a school time friend’s sis’s wedding reception. Came back by11 p.m . Poof! Saturday gone. Now Sunday- Though there was some work on the valuation project, I guess boss was liberal enough to grant me a silent Sunday afternoon. Reading time.
I’ve been reading this novel for ages now. Doesn’t seem to get over. Nevertheless, Im loving it. I like it when what I read goes on and on and on…(u get the point), though i know I could finish reading it easily if I made the friggin effort. But I linger on. With light blue and red patterns on the cover page, it lies besides my whatevas-left-of-the-laptop, smiling at me. Read me. Read me. Heh. And then opening the bookmarked page is like coming back home after a physical and spiritual wring in the office. Feels like Ma’s hug. No matter where you are coming from, however dirty you are, no matter who you have cursed on your way, and how you are feeling… happy, sad, angry, shocked…. it always greets you with the same warmth it had left you with the last time you thrust a shabby visiting card for a bookmark on page number so and so. Never nags you to death on your possibly deliberate attempts to ignore it for something ‘better’ you had planned for the day. Coming to the point, basking in the afternoon sun, I relished it. And more than the novel, it was the fact that there was no one around me for once, which was absolutely liberating. Solitude sometimes helps me redefine my sense of being. Just as reading gives me a reason to breathe.
Mom has been pushing me into buying some stuff for myself since the past few… umm weekends. “You need to buy more trousers for yourself, Lekha…”.
But boy… do I hate shopping… There was no way I was going to spoil my Sunday shuttling from one shop to another searching for the right color, right fit, right fabric. Aaaaarghhh!.... ITS SUCHCHA PAIN!! Sigh!... Another trait that a girl of an apparently upmarket city shouldn’t have. “….There’s this maha CP sale.. 50+20% off on things you buy…”
Had there been one huge dookan (or should I say an organized investment grade retail outlet) where everything unda-tha-sun could be bought.. from business suits to hawai chappals, life would not have been so complicated. “…. Are you listening to me?...”
And moms would never have been singing the same line like a screwed up disc on a gramophone. “…Lekha!! When would you learn to be a little more responsible!!!..”
Shucks.
But then, work came to rescue. I almost kissed the gmail inbox when I saw the savior mail that got me busy for the next few hours. NO. I wont have been so ecstatic, had there been no #%$#ing “maha CP sale” and the haunting rants by Ma to get my lazy you know what up and moving towards it. Never mind.
As I drove to work today morn, I wore a Mona Lisa smile on my face. Project’s all over. No other work. Twas time for another bout of latitudinal liberation. Ergo.
P.S: Crab's take on the Valentine Week: Uh? Yaaawn!.... Too much of pink is iky. Too much of red reminds me of something ikier. Ahem.
5 comments:
So the crab is loving Shantaram (blue and red) and ignoring orkut, at the expense of those who stay neglected, or is ignored the right word?
cheers.
@Aakash: Ignoring wouldnt be the word buddy... I do take time off from socialising once in a while... It really helps... :)
And yes the book is lovely. Absolutely...
well ,if it helps you, what to say.
Carry on girl.
girl u do open people up.this was another riot..right from the gut..off late i tend to enjoy ur write ups..latitudinal liberation indeed..
:) thanks dear.. its a pleasure to have you read my posts! and comment of course.. (impish smile on my face.. Heh Heh Heh)
Post a Comment