So when all my friends are over with discussing fillums, Roger Federer, peanut salaries, bike rides, lack of sleep, Tata Nano, flavored contraceptives, and Malika Sherawat, or rushing to their gyms/workplaces/homes/pubs/girl/boyfriend’s place, they still may not realize that a crab, was breathing throughout the evil stretch of time, wondering why the mean world doesn’t have the time to keep in touch. So what. Hope they are fit and fine. Hope they are fine at least. I have a good idea of how fit the corporate world leaves people - of how people breathe in bullet points, come back home reeking of coffee, click their babies to sleep and logout for the day.
No sweat. I am not going to wail my guts out on this silly issue. Im done with it already. Just chatted with a friend today morning who told me that im being silly throwing tantrums… like… “she never calls me”.. “he went away without telling me”… There was more… I was told I count the number of times I telephoned these guys which shows that I do the same for the sake of it. Wonder! " ...and i just called to say, i called you...." Another friend tells me, “Gal, you need a boyfriend.” Yeah. As if after that every one in the world would suddenly start calling me up to find out who was the jackhead who decided to scrape off worries from a schizophrenic crab’s decaying brain. Actually, they would.
The topic's becoming so hackneyed that now i have to discover better and more effective ways of communicating my displeasure. Especally to the friends who end the telephone calls and assume i got kidnapped by Al Quaeda till the time i try to find out whether their heads are still sitting ontheir shoulders.
High time i give up being a desperate aunty and let them be. If they really care, they'd be there. (Wow! Im getting better and better at this!)
Heh! So Cheers to myself. Im going to drink tonight… yeah... drink loads of milk… till I burst open and my claws fly past the India Gate. There's nothing better than drowing your worries in a gazillion litres of hot sweetened milk after all.
Will be traveling soon… May not be able to blog for some time… And that means now I can act busy, talk about proposals (I mean official ones… puhleezzz), look at my watch every nanosecond, adjust my specs at someone cute and tell myself, that’s not the client, Crabby…
Sigh!.... Guess its time to muah the Crabby and shut up.
Tudu!
6 comments:
hehehe @ drink milk! that was so sweet.
I used to count too .. how many times so and so called .. and how many actually bother to stay in touch .. blah blah .. and one fine day when all this got on my nerves I decided to stop taking initiatives - if they care.. they will try to get back .. and no one did .. finally I lost the so-called touch with everyone .. the same story gets repeated in countless variations :)
Anyway .. hope you have nice time travelling & considering 'proposals' ... should be fun.. tc :D
@aria: Naheeeeeee!.. that's scary OK..
No one called?.. really?... I have to stop acting like a filmi chachi now and maroing stupid one liners... shucks.
And yeah.. hope il have a nice time travelling... am leaving tomorrow morn.. Take care dear aria!
With each of ur blogs that I read, I get more impressed. Not with the topic though, but by the seamless flow of thoughts and words. I like the way you structure your thoughts, and sentences. Good work again. I may end up calling you now. he he.
Cheers, for your driniking bout..
That is so much like a crab indeed... even I am like that, more concerned than I should be and have to be reminded to let things be the way they are... I have learnt it the hard way- that crabs need to be very careful in spending their immense treasure of love and care- not everybody deserves it!
Hope there is somebody somewhere who understands this and appreciates this!
Bina bataaye hi chali gayi!
Aur yeh kya? Readers know your phone number? How come i dont then??? :(
@Gaurav: ^_^ thanks ya...
Hope Hyderabad has been kind to you... Heh
Keep visiting and putting in your nice comments.. ese hi to readership badhegi meri!
@Niedhie: Ah of course!.. every one doesnt deserve it.. yeah... That really makes me feel nice now.. Thanks!
And dont you lose heart dear... if no one else, this fellow crab can completely understand what you mean...
@Aakash: Arey.. bataya to.. that im going and will keep updating.. Need to post something soon now.. long due..
And yes.. even close friends read my blog.. so all readers do not know my number..
Post a Comment