Monday, February 4, 2008

Split Personality ~ Erratic Crabbinomous Syndrome

Take 1

Sheh.
There’s a visible drop in the CAGR. The capital values have had a hit ever since the interest rates have been lowered. The portfolio must now be taken care of. The bottom-line must be maintained. I have always lacked the aptitude to take risks. But I guess it’s ok. At least I take care not to invest fully into the same bundle of assets. But Im so bad at prioritizing that I end up getting confused in the process of diversification.
Some assets are too important to be lost. I'll have to move ahead on the indifference curve. And I can only wish the opportunity cost is not too much. I don’t know how to calculate here. Sometimes economics and money are easier a deal as opposed to human emotions...

Wonder what I can do to prevent a breakdown.

Take 2

Here’s what girls of marriageable age do. Mostly.
Either they fall madly in love with someone, and when parents resist, end up getting advertised in boring matrimonial columns of a regional newspaper or uploaded as a link categorized under “below such and such age” in the matrimony page of some community web-site.

“Wanted a tall-dark-handsome, well qualified match for a fair, beautiful and educated girl of blah blah blah…”

Or they never muster courage to fall in love and end up getting advertised in boring matrimonial columns of a regional newspaper or end up as a link categorized under “below such and such age” in the matrimony page of some community web-site.

“Wanted a tall-dark-handsome, well qualified match for a fair, beautiful, HOMELY and educated girl of blah blah blah…”

Now that’s called being innovative.
Then there’s another kind who don’t know how to fall in love. Yes. They SIMPLY-DO –NOT-KNOW-HOW-TO.
I. Am one of them. Wonder if there is a respectable population in the category. I certainly don’t want to be an alien.

Take 3

My friend tells me I am not at all romantic. That’s not true. I love Cauliflowers.
And I love red color. I have a red car. Oh no, not because im short tempered. I am sure no @$%#ing soul on the face of this planet would dare to say that to me.
Was also told that im too judgmental. That I ask too many questions, cross analyse too much.
Is this what a polite, herbivorous Crab should get to hear? Now why would someone feel I ask a lot of questions? And why would there be need to cross analyse an issue without a reason? And how on the Earth do I understand the depth of an issue without considering the fundamental points that make it worthy to be analysed in the first place? And why is it that when I try to merely clear the dust that I am made to believe that I think a lot?
Sigh!.... I wonder….

Take 4

“No, I know what you mean, and I'm completely jealous! What happens to me when I get provoked is I get tongue-tied and my mind goes...
Blank…
And then-- Then I spend all night tossing and turning trying to figure out what I should've said...."
"Nothing... Nothing,.. Even now…
Days later...
I can't figure it out.”

Take 5

The voice tells me, “Listen, keep this one guessing.” And I do exactly that. If I can... And that means if at all I can, Id like to keep my real self away from everyone in this world. That’s something so personal that I hardly feel like sharing it with anyone. Maybe I’m insecure.

Take 6

Say. Crabs can’t be friendlier, trust me. Beyond a point, they fall in love. And so much that they cling to your toe and don’t let it go, that was a rhyme yo! Heh…

P.S: Q. What does the Crab do after a crappy, abstract post?
A. Confess… On second thoughts, I think this Crab’s the second kind.

9 comments:

AakASH!!! said...

Hmmm so much going on? Yeh khaali-dimaag-shaitan-ka-ghar effect ka asar hai kya?

How is the easier life? Did you calculate the Sharpe ratios for your portfolio assets? Or are you weighing your assets basis the Beta?

AshenGlow said...

@Aakash: My dimag need not be khaali for all this you know... it just goes on and on irrespective of whatever im doing...
And i wish Sharpe and Beta could help me calculate the risk i am taking... sigh!
Dont bother.. i know iv lost it completely.. ^_^

AakASH!!! said...

Ab yeh toh suna tha ki, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. But tum toh jack nahin ho!

aria said...

"Id like to keep my real self away from everyone in this world"

thats the best thing to do .. if you ask me! I can completely relate to few takes in there .. what I see between lines is a mix of great hope and disilluionment.. however whats exhilirating is not the grasp of 'the truth' but the purity of your vision . .if you know what I mean ..
On second thoughts . .I perhaps don't know what I mean myself .. I could be babbling ..

AshenGlow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AshenGlow said...

@Aakash: Shucks.. Aakash.. Jack mera mausera bhai he. Hum dono ke traits bahut milte julte he... Heh.. nonsense is fun at times!

@aria: I knew it would take a woman to attach a meaning to absolute claptrap authored by me. Thanks for the encouraging words, aria!

On second thoughts, perhaps We could try a hand at setting up a Royal Babble Club or something. Wossay? ;)

AakASH!!! said...

chor chor mausere bhai! tum bhai ho? :)

Gaurav Jha said...

now somehow the traits u mention sound familiar..i think i may have said allt his to u at one time...crab seems to be taking on what another crabby once said to her..another good post..with so many takes, wonder how the movie turned out to be...:)

AshenGlow said...

Gaurav! :) Yeah.. the movie.. talk about it.. Most of the award winning ones are those which no one understands... you see the jury goes like.."wow! that was a bouncer! deserves an award for the 'almost-nonsense-but-yet-not-there' genre!".

Trivia: This one got nominated yeah. But then they saw 'The Myth'..
Bah!